Contact Us (NAMI National)
1-800-950-NAMI (6264) or email@example.com
The NAMI HelpLine can be reached Monday through Friday, 10 am–6 pm, ET.
HelpLine staff and volunteers are prepared to answer your questions about mental health issues including:
- Symptoms of mental illness
- Treatment options
- Local support groups and services
- Education programs
- Helping family members get treatment
- Programs to help find jobs
- Legal issues (the NAMI Legal Resource Service can connect individuals with attorneys in their area but does not have the resources to provide individual representation)
- Recursos en español
What to Do In an Emergency
Call 911 if you or a loved one are in immediate danger. Notify the operator that it is a psychiatric emergency and ask for an officer trained to help people with a mental health condition.
If you are in crisis or just need to talk about suicidal thoughts, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255), the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. It is a 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline.